Using SQLAlchemy with Spatial Databases
WHAT OUR HAPPY PROGRAMMER SAY
GeoAlchemy 2 provides extensions to SQLAlchemy for working with spatial databases.
GeoAlchemy 2 focuses on PostGIS. PostGIS 1.5 and PostGIS 2 are supported.
SpatiaLite is also supported, but using GeoAlchemy 2 with SpatiaLite requires some specific configuration on the application side. GeoAlchemy 2 works with SpatiaLite 4.3.0 and higher.
GeoAlchemy 2 aims to be simpler than its predecessor, GeoAlchemy. Simpler to use, and simpler to maintain.
- Houses for Sale in Koh Samui Your Dream Home AwaitsSearching for paradise? Come to Koh Samui! We’ll show you properties designed to suit your lifestyle. From beachfront villas to luxury condos, you can find the perfect escape. That’s why house hunters come here – dream homes await! Welcome to the exotic paradise of Koh Samui, Thailand! It’s celebrated for its beautiful beaches, yummy food…
- The Best Practices for Choosing a Reliable Zinc Oxide SupplierIntroduction Zinc oxide is a versatile chemical compound that is used in various industries, including electronics, agriculture, medicine, and cosmetics. The growing demand for zinc oxide products has made it increasingly important to find reliable and high-quality zinc oxide suppliers. In this article, we will discuss the best practices for choosing a reliable zinc oxide…
- Making the Most Out of Your Health Insurance BenefitsUnderstand Your Strategy Understanding your health insurance plan can be the key to getting the most out of your benefits. Knowing which services are covered and how much they cost, as well as which providers and services your plan covers, can help you make the most of your plan’s benefits. This article will provide you…
- Information Technology in 3PL Logistics: How to Stay Ahead of the CurveIn the logistics industry, information technology (IT) is playing an increasingly important role. As more and more companies outsource their logistics needs to third-party logistics (3PL) providers, the need for efficient, reliable IT systems becomes even more critical. An effective IT system can give a 3PL provider a major competitive advantage by reducing operating costs,…
- The Benefits of an International EducationMore and more parents are considering an international education for their children. While there are many factors to consider, an international education can provide numerous benefits for students. Here are 5 benefits of an international education: 1. A Broader Worldview An international education provides students with the opportunity to learn about different cultures and customs….
What’s New in GeoAlchemy
- GeoAlchemy 2 supports PostGIS’
geometrytype, as well as the
- The first series had its own namespace for spatial functions. With GeoAlchemy 2, spatial functions are called like any other SQLAlchemy function, using
func, which is SQLAlchemy’s standard way of calling SQL functions.
- GeoAlchemy 2 works with SQLAlchemy’s ORM, as well as with SQLAlchemy’s SQL Expression Language (a.k.a the SQLAlchemy Core). (This is thanks to SQLAlchemy’s new type-level comparator system.)
- GeoAlchemy 2 supports reflection of geometry and geography columns.
- GeoAlchemy 2 adds
from_shapefunctions for a better integration with Shapely.
See the Migrate to GeoAlchemy 2 page for details on how to migrate a GeoAlchemy application to GeoAlchemy 2.
GeoAlchemy 2 requires SQLAlchemy 0.8. GeoAlchemy 2 does not work with SQLAlchemy 0.7 and lower.
GeoAlchemy 2 is available on the Python Package Index. So it can be installed with the standard pip or easy_install tools.